By considering where we are now as a congregation, and in preparation for the unprecedented growth coming to our city, this is our moment to claim our place in the heart of our city.
According to Downtown Fort Worth Inc., our downtown population will increase by approximately 67 percent over the next four years — adding more than 4,300 people and miles of mixed-use development in and around the physical location of FUMCFW. Before we know it our progressively traditional gothic revival church will find itself — quite literally — in the heart of Downtown Fort Worth.
And there’s so much more to it than that.
While this idea of our church at the heart of our city may come as a surprise to no one, this exponential growth in our city brings up an increased responsibility to reach out, engage, and actively connect with our local community as never before in recent church history.
So what will it take for our First Church community to fully embrace this opportunity to occupy the heart of our city?
It takes you. And you are HERE. By this we mean that as a fully engaged congregation committed to supporting our church as never before, we are perfectly positioned to make a brave new leap that puts the heart of our faith community into the new geographic heart of Downtown Fort Worth. Join us in taking on the challenge of continuing our ministry as a traditional downtown church while learning to be a neighborhood congregation attracting and meeting the needs of new residents, right at our back door.
Ways to Give
Check or Money Order
Make payable to FUMC Fort Worth; deliver to the Business Office, the Main Church Office, or via mail to 800 W. 5th St., Fort Worth, Texas 76102.
Go to fumcfw.org/givenow.
Text to Give
Text 817-241-2327 and enter the amount in the message bar. You must have a ShelbyGive account set up with the church in order to Text to Give.Learn more
ShelbyNEXT | Giving App
Download the app to give from your smart phone.Learn more
Other Giving Options
In 2015 Congress made permanent the ability for eligible persons to donate directly from their IRA instead of having to take a required minimum distribution. This benefits you because you do not have to then claim the distributed funds as income; however, please be aware that you also will not be able to deduct the fund distribution amount on your tax return as a charitable contribution. It’s imperative that your investment advisor have the amount transferred directly to the church.
The financial markets have shown significant gains in 2016. If you have appreciated shares of common stock, you can transfer shares of stock from your account to the church’s brokerage account. This provides you with a dual benefit: you do not have to claim the capital gain on the appreciated shares, and you get to claim the total value of this stock on that date of the transfer as a charitable contribution.
- Text the amount you would like to give to 817-241-2327.
- If this is your first time to give a text donation, follow the prompt to visit a secure site for registration. (If you’ve given via text before, please make sure your payment method is current.)
- Enter your credit or debit card information.
- Tap “Give” to process your donation.
- Look for a confirmation text to verify that your donation and registration were successful.
- Dollar amount — goes to the Ministry & Operating Fund (for example, $50)
- “Funds” — provides a list of ministry choices
- Amount + ministry name — goes to that specific ministry fund (for example, $10 First Street Methodist Mission)
- “Help” — provides giving instructions
- “Reset” — removes your saved card information
- Launch the app store from your mobile device, search for “Shelby Next Giving,” and install the ShelbyNEXT | Giving app.
- Make sure your location services are turned on. When you launch the app, simply choose to search for organizations near you, or you can search for First United Methodist Church by typing the name and/or Zip code (76102).
- Log in or create a donor profile through the app’s secure third-party website.
- Make a donation by tapping “Give.”
- Enter your donation amount.
- Select your payment method. Tap the “+” icon to add a new payment method. Enter your card information and billing details, or use the “Quick Scan” feature to scan your card information. You can also input your bank account and routing number for ACH/eCheck donations.
- Select a ministry fund from the drop-down list.
- Choose your frequency. You can give a one-time donation or set up a recurring donation for any day, weekly, biweekly, monthly, or quarterly.
- Tap “Next” to process your donation.
- “History”— shows your contribution history
- “Settings” — adjusts your payment methods, personal information, and account details
Contact: Business Office | 817-336-7277
Did you know that Amazon is not only a quick and easy way to shop for just about anything, it is also a simple and automatic way to give to our church? That’s right. With each of your Amazon purchases you can also support FUMCFW when you shop — at no additional cost to you — through something called AmazonSmile.
As one of the largest retailers in the world, Amazon is a site that most of us have visited. From click to cart, it’s a one-stop shop for a broad range of items. Now, through this strange magic of shopping technology, our church is now registered to receive a donation of 0.5 percent of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases — automatically — once you do a quick and simple setup on your Amazon account.
You’ll get the exact same low prices, vast selection, and convenient shopping experience — and our church will benefit when you shop. Here’s how it works:
1. Go to smile.amazon.com from your computer or mobile device. If you already have an Amazon account, you can also use it on AmazonSmile. Remember, only purchases at smile.amazon.com (not amazon.com or the mobile app) support First Church, so be sure you are on the smile.amazon.com site to generate a donation from your purchases!
2. Select FUMCFW as the charitable organization that you would like to receive donations from eligible purchases. Amazon will remember your selection for future purchases.
3. Look for “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on the product detail pages. Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations.
Simple as that! Now you have even more reason to smile when you shop with the knowledge that you are also giving to our church every time you click “purchase” on qualified items through AmazonSmile!
Commitment to Ministry
Thank you for your commitment. This estimate may be revised or canceled at any time upon request.
Contact: FUMCFW Business Office | 817-336-7277